Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I Hate the 1960's

I would hate to live in the 1960’s. For starters I have always disagreed with the laid back lifestyle of hippies or the rebellious lives that college students led. I have never seen the point in attempting to fight or boycott ones government especially ours. We have a fantastic government that has done a wonderful job of supplying us with protection and a very large amount of freedoms shared by few other countries around the world. However there are always exceptions to the rule for instance a revolution or rebellion is needed for a tyrannical government or an oppressive one but those exceptions do not apply to us. Some of the people used the riots and rebellions to actually make a point but it eventually escalated to where kids did it to be cool or to just have fun and it no longer had a strong message.

                I have also always seen the view of “why can’t we all be friends” a silly viewpoint. I find it to be naïve and foolish to think that everybody should get along. It would be great if that were even semi-possible but it is not. People will always discriminate, they will always find ways to make money through war and there will always be crazed leaders that are so paranoid that they will kill and threaten.  There will always be conflicts even if they are over absolutely nothing because it is in our nature and the idea there will ever be complete peace is moronic. It would be nice but it will never happen.

                Another reason why I would never want to go is because I don’t like be forced to do things including go to war. Even though serving has always been an interest of mine I would never want to be forced into it. I am the type of person that if you just leave alone I will do whatever it is I need to do but the minute you hassle me or force me to do something I will find any way I can to get out of it. Not to mention the Vietnam War had some huge impacts on returning veterans that majorly affect their lives and those of their families. I would hate to have that happen to me because as a result I would blame the government for enacting the draft and forcing me to go which is the last thing I want because I would then become the thing I dislike about society the most, rebellious. 

No comments:

Post a Comment