Wednesday, October 20, 2010

     These were my tasks: "You will complete three tasks: two brief questionnaires and an IAT in which you will sort words and pictures into categories as quickly as possible. You should be able to complete the tasks in less than 10 minutes total. When you finish, you will receive your results as well as more information about the test and the performance of others."
     This was my result: "Your data suggest a slight automatic preference for European American compared to African American." I somewhat disagree with this assessment of me personally but I think it is an accurate representation of my surroundings. I hold African Americans and European Americans at an equal level but maybe subconsciously I do not.
     I do not understand how the test makes it decision although the results were pretty accurate. Since I don't understand how this test works I am not able to fully answer the question because I am not sure how the test generates its results. Most of the mistakes I made was because I was trying to stay fast which in turn led to mistakes in my hand-brain coordination. 
     I do not believe that our true feelings are shown at a blink of an eye although some of the subconscious feelings are. If put in a situation that you must react quickly most of the time the result is subconscious and instinctual. However if given time to answer or react your thoughts are usually clearer and often but not always our true feelings. This is true for me but as for the rest of humankind I am unsure on how they would react if given time and allowed deep thought.    

No comments:

Post a Comment